How We Collect and Use Personal Information
We will collect personal information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, date of birth, gender, IP address, profile pictures, or social media IDs through your use of the Services, such as when you create an account or profile, order or register a product, order literature, enter contests or incentive programs, sign up for newsletters, download an App, participate in a survey, contact customer service, or otherwise interact with the Services. We may also receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from BJ Floors & Kitchens such as:
- responding to product information requests
- fulfilling customer service requests
- administering contests or incentive programs
- and facilitating on-line product visualization applications and preferred products catalogs.
We also use personal information to send you news about our products and promotions, to conduct online surveys, contests, other similar promotions or incentive programs via email, telephone or postal mail, and to notify you of special events and advertising that you might be interested in. Please see the “Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions” section below for more information on participating in such activities. Further, we may also use personal information to send you important information regarding the Services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Services, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications. In addition, we may use the information to improve online and other services for BJ Floors & Kitchens, such as through customer service and product support, to understand consumer preferences in developing product improvements and innovations. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing users’ Services experiences and analyzing, managing and expanding our businesses. If you apply for employment with BJ Floors & Kitchens, we may use the personal information you supply to process your job application.
The Services may offer a feature that allows you to share a message with a friend or a member of our dealer network. If you choose to use this feature, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
How We Share Personal Information
BJ Floors & Kitchens may share personal information collected via the Services with Affiliated Entities or other third parties as described below. You should also be aware that personal information about you may be transferred to or received by Affiliated Entities or third parties in the U.S. or in other countries, which countries may have different privacy regulations than those applicable in the country where you reside.
- Service Providers We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Services or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending emails, conducting advertising or customer service, and administering contests or incentive programs. We may share personal information with these third parties for those business purposes. For instance, if you request a brochure, we may share personal information about you with fulfillment and management agencies to complete your request.
- Other Third Parties We may share personal information with unaffiliated third parties, including dealers and retailers discussed above, to permit such third parties to send to you marketing materials. If you wish to opt-out from our sharing of your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes, please see the “Choice: Opt‑Out” section below for information on how to opt-out.
- E-mails to Friends. Please note that any personal information you provide in connection with sending an electronic scrapbook or other message to a friend through the Services, such as your name and your e-mail address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
- Promotions. We may share the personal information you provide in connection with sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions with third party sponsors of such promotions (irrespective of whether such promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such promotion. Please see the “Sweepstakes, Contests, and Other Promotions” section below for more information on participating in such activities.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an individual through the Services (“other information”), such as domain, URL, browser, device and operating system information, information about visits to the Services pages, App usage data, physical location and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, and information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
We and our third-party service providers may collect other information in a variety of ways, including
- Through your browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the Apps. When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies – Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals currently.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies – We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to “information on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Services or our online content.
- Physical Location – We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you – Information, such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with personal information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information – Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat other information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any other information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Selling of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information or any other information we collect about you to any affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Security of Personal Information
BJ Floors & Kitchens takes measures designed to protect personal information collected through the Services against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Questions” section below.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, such as payment card information, in any emails you may send to us. BJ Floors & Kitchens will not request sensitive personal information in our emails to you.