SCHLUTER-DILEX-BWS CLASSIC GREY 8′ 2 1/2″
Product Code: BWS.PG.CLASSIC.GREY
Schluter-DILEX-BWS is a prefabricated surface joint profile with rigid PVC anchoring legs that protect tile edges. It features a 3/16” (5 mm)-wide, soft CPE movement zone that separates individual fields in the tile covering and forms the visible surface.
- Designed to allow movement and reduce stress in large, tiled areas
- Eliminates the need for caulking
- Prevents cracking and delamination of tiles
- Absorbs relatively limited movements and may be installed with greater frequency to create smaller fields
- Suitable for residential to medium-duty commercial applications subject to light mechanical loads
- CPE movement zone is available in different colors to match the grout
Schluter-DILEX-BWS features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, which are secured in the mortar bond coat and provide edge protection for adjacent tiles. The profile separates individual fields in the tile covering and accommodates movement via the soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) movement zone, which also forms the visible surface. The movement zone is only 3/16″ (5 mm) wide, matching common grout joint widths. The profile absorbs relatively limited movements, given the width of the movement zone. This should be taken into account when evaluating the requirements for a specific application. If larger movements within the covering are anticipated, the DILEX-BWS may be installed with greater frequency to create smaller fields, or the DILEX-BWB (3/8″, 10 mm movement zone) may be used.
DILEX-BWS is suitable for both residential and medium-duty commercial applications subject to light mechanical loads (e.g., offices and stores). The profile is also suited for exterior use.