Product type: Thermostat
DITRA-HEAT-E-RSD is a programmable digital thermostat used to control the DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables (either 120 V or 240 V). The thermostat features a 5 mA built-in ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) with indicator light and includes a floor temperature sensor. DITRA-HEAT-E-RSD features more than 250 pre-set programs for convenience, which may be programmed to fit any schedule, and an anticipated start function. Two heating cables may be connected to the thermostat, up to the total heating load limit of 15 amps.
Please refer to the DITRA-HEAT-E-RSD User Guide and Schluter-DITRA-HEAT Installation Handbook for complete DITRA-HEAT system installation instructions.
1. DITRA-HEAT-E-RSD must be installed in an electrical box. A single gang, deep electrical box or a double gang electrical box with a single gang mud ring is recommended to provide room for the wiring.
2. The power supply must be shut off and all electrical connections must be made by a qualified electrician, according to the electrical and building codes effective in your region.
3. Connect the heating cable ground braid to the ground wire from the electrical panel.
4. Remove the mounting base from the thermostat by loosening the screw and tilting the thermostat upward.
5. Align and secure the mounting base to the electrical box.
6. Tape up the secondary floor temperature sensor and place in the electrical box.
7. Connect the thermostat to the power source via the black wires using the supplied solderless connectors. Since there is no polarity, either electrical line wire can be connected to either black wire.
8. Connect the heating cable to the thermostat via the yellow wires using the same method. Since there is no polarity, either heating cable conductor can be connected to either yellow wire.
9. Press the tabs and insert the floor temperature sensor wires into the thermostat.
10. The power, heating cable, and floor temperature sensor connections are now complete.
11. Place the wires in the electrical box. Replace the thermostat faceplate and tighten the screw at the bottom of the unit.
Note: Two DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables can be connected and controlled by a single DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostat if the total current is less than 15 amps. The heating cable leads must be wired in parallel according to applicable electrical and building codes. Multiple DITRA-HEAT-E-HK heating cables over 15 amps cannot be connected to a single DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostat. Additional DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostats must be used. The DITRA-HEAT-E- RS thermostat may NOT be combined with the DITRA-HEAT-E-RR power module.
SCHLUTER – DITRA-HEAT RSD
Product Code: DITRA-HEAT.THERM.DHERSD/BW